American Councils for International Education is pleased to announce the 2018-2019 FLEX Alumni Grants program. The FLEX Alumni Grants program assists with FLEX alumni project initiatives through funding by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
Possible projects include:
- Community service projects;
- Projects to promote community involvement;
- Professional development activities for community members and alumni;
- Projects to promote the knowledge and understanding of English language and of U.S. culture;
- Initiatives where alumni share skills that they learned while on the FLEX program with others.
Types of Grants:
Individual grants (up to $250):
Individual grants support alumni initiatives when one alumnus or alumna would like to hold a project on his or her own without the support of other members of the FLEX alumni community. These may be single events or small-scale projects.
Group grants (up to $3000):
Group grants require that the applicant and at least one other team member is a FLEX alumnus/a. Other project organizers need not to be alumni of the FLEX program. Group grants support professional development or teaching programs; community service activities; promotion of English language and American culture; and other projects that meet the goals of the FLEX Alumni program. Preference will be given to active FLEX alumni, City Representatives, and participants of Alumni-program administered workshops. Proposals which expand on previously funded projects will be considered, but the projects must incorporate new partners, recipients, and/or demonstrate new project elements.
Travel grants (up to $250):
Travel grants support alumni’s travel costs or attendance to a conference, workshop, or professional development training. Travel grant applicants who demonstrate in their proposals a readiness to share their experience with others in their community upon the completion of their professional development activity will be given preference.
Eligibility: in order to participate in this program, alumni must
- Be successful participants of the FLEX program from or living in one of the following counties: Armenia, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Tajikistan, or Ukraine.
- Be in compliance with the two-year home residency requirement following the program;
- Update their information in the alumni database, which may be done at any American Councils office or electronically by following this link: http://svy.mk/2eU8UvS
Grant Application procedures:
- Access the application through ais.americancouncils.org/flexalumni complete the registration;
- Apply for a grant by proposing a project, the project timeline, budget, and providing uploads of resumes of project leaders, support letters from partner organizations, and supplementary materials;
The application deadline is Thursday March 1, 2018 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
For more information contact the FLEX Alumni Coordinator in your country/ region or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals may be funded in part. American Councils may request that applicants modify their budgets in order to accommodate partial funding. Grants will not be given to reimburse costs already expended and are not guaranteed to all applicants.
To learn more about the projects awarded in 2017 follow this link: http://www.bradleyherald.org/alumni/project-activities/flex-grants/